Hey there! I’m back again! This time I shall be talking about identity theft. We watched a move…and this is the follow up.
In the article the mistake she made, that lead to her identity being stolen were, that she purchased items with her debit card because, if someone steals your information, you may not be reimbursed for all the money you lost. ID theft is a common problem today because so much can and is purchased on the Internet. Also, people aren’t very careful with their information and what they do with it. They just throw it away, and not shred papers with account numbers and personal information.
To steel someone’s identity, all someone has to get is to get their credit card information, your driver’s license, or most importantly your Social Security number. To keep all this information safe, I would suggest that you shred financial and other important documents, keep your SS card safely locked up. Also, don’t leave personal things laying about anywhere. Keep them with you!
To me, it’s the person who left their information out. I mean, the person stealing the information has no morals, but the other person needs to be responsible. It’s their life and their numbers. They should be taking better care of that information.
No comments:
Post a Comment